This 5-minute habanero peach salsa has quickly become one of my favorites. The habanero packs a fiery punch while the juicy fresh peaches sweeten it up, creating a perfect balance of flavors. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
To tell you the truth I’ve never been a fan of fruity salsas. BUT……this salsa converted me.
Not only did it convert me, but it instantly became one of my favorite salsas. And I don’t say that lightly. I’m pretty much obsessed with homemade salsas.
This salsa is soooo juicy and phenomenally flavorful. It’s sweet and spicy, fresh and garlicky with just enough acid and salt to give a boost to all the amazing flavors.
It truly is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
So pick up some peaches next time you’re at the store or better yet (if you can wait) hold off at least a few more weeks until peaches are in season. July through September is peach season. That’s when they’re best. If you can find Colorado peaches you’ve hit gold. They are simply the best.
But you wanna know what the best part is??? This salsa takes only five minutes to prepare. Chop the ingredients, throw ’em in a bowl, and stir. Yep, that is it!!!! So easy and quick.
So what do you need to make this salsa? (+ substitutions)
- Roma tomatoes: Ideally the tomatoes should be firm with a little bit of give and a deep red hue. If they are a lighter shade (like orangish or pinkish) and don’t have any give they are likely not ripe enough. Alternately, if the tomato is squishy it is too ripe and you don’t want that.
- Fresh peaches: When choosing a peach you want to make sure the yellow part is golden and not pale. The peach should be soft and give off a pleasant sweet aroma.
- Red onion: You could sub for white onion.
- Habanero pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
How do you make this habanero peach salsa?
It’s so simple! All you gotta do is combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and add additional salt to taste.
How to store
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
How to use this salsa
- To dip chips: Warning!!! You won’t be able to stop once you start.
- On grilled fish or steak
- On tacos
More quick and easy salsa recipes you may like:
- Pico De Gallo: Pico De Gallo is a quick and easy fresh salsa that is a great accompaniment to almost any Mexican dish. It combines diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic with salt and lime juice.
- Roasted Pineapple Habanero Salsa: Simple and fresh roasted pineapple habanero salsa that takes just 15 minutes to make. Spicy with a touch of sweetness.
- Chile de Árbol Salsa: This rich and spicy five-ingredient chile de árbol salsa is so easy to make and takes only 20 minutes. Great for dipping chips or to top your favorite tacos. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- Roasted Salsa Verdé: This roasted salsa verdé combines tomatillos, onions, garlic, and cilantro with three different peppers; including jalapeno, poblano, and Serrano. It’s got just the right amount of heat, is easy to prepare, and is ready to go in just 20 minutes. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
If you make this habanero peach salsa I’d love your feedback. Please leave a comment and/or a rating below as I greatly value your opinion. Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @taoofspiceblog. Love, light and happy cooking ya’ll ♥
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 peaches, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, destemmed and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add salt to taste. Serve fresh or refrigerate for later.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
The nutritional information provided is computer generated. It is only an estimate and intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition details may vary depending on various factors such as origin, freshness of ingredients, etc