This 5-minute habanero peach salsa has quickly become one of my favorites. The habanero packs a fiery punch while the juicy fresh peaches sweeten it up, creating a perfect balance of flavors. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Jessica Halverstadt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What you’ll love about this recipe
- The simplicity! I wholeheartedly wish everyone was aware of how easy it is to make homemade salsa because fresh salsa is truly a game-changer. This peach habanero salsa comes together in just five minutes, requires little effort, and calls for just eight ingredients.
- The flavor combination! I have rather recently become a lover of all things sweet and spicy and this salsa is no exception. The sweet, juicy peaches combined with the fiery habanero with the addition of aromatics, fresh herbs, acid, and salt produce a perfectly balanced salsa that will leave you longing for more. Seriously! You won’t be able to get enough of it!
- The fresh ingredients! As you may know, I’m a huge proponent of using fresh unprocessed ingredients – in particular fresh produce. This salsa combines fresh, succulent peaches with fresh tomatoes, herbs, and aromatics rendering it delightfully bright and flavorful. It just screams summer.
Ingredients (+ notes & substitutions)
- Roma tomatoes: Ideally the tomatoes should be firm with a little bit of give and a deep red hue. If they are a lighter shade (like orangish or pinkish) and don’t have any give they are likely not ripe enough. Alternately, if the tomato is squishy it is too ripe and should be avoided.
- Fresh peaches: When choosing a peach you want to make sure the yellow part is bright and golden rather than pale. A ripe peach should be soft and give off a pleasantly sweet aroma.
- Red onion: You could sub for white onion.
- Cilantro: One small bunch will yield enough for this recipe.
- Habanero pepper: Depending on your tastes, you could use just one habanero or two if you would look to bump up the heat another notch. I leave the seeds and membranes intact but you could remove them if you would prefer to tame the heat.
- Apple cider vinegar: Don’t fret if you don’t have an apple cider vinegar – lime juice is a suitable alternative. Just don’t skip the acid!
How to make this habanero peach salsa?
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add salt to taste. Serve fresh or refrigerate for later.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
How to serve this salsa:
- With chips for dipping. Warning!!! You won’t be able to stop once you start.
- On grilled fish, steak, or pork carnitas.
- On tacos!!!
More fruity salsa recipes you may enjoy:
- Mango Pico de Gallo: Sweet with a little bit of heat, this fresh and vibrant mango pico de gallo is the perfect balance of flavors. Serve this simple 10-minute salsa as is with chips for dipping or on grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal. Naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo: This fresh and summery pineapple pico de gallo can be served with chips or as the perfect finishing touch to pork or fish tacos. It takes just five minutes to prepare with only a handful of ingredients and is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- Roasted Pineapple Habanero Salsa: Spicy with a touch of sweetness, this roasted pineapple habanero salsa is simple to prepare in just 15-minutes.
If you make this habanero peach salsa I’d love your feedback. Please leave a comment and/or a rating below as I greatly value your opinion. Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @taoofspiceblog. Love, light, and happy cooking ya’ll ♥
Habanero Peach Salsa
This 5-minute habanero peach salsa has quickly become one of my favorites. The habanero packs a fiery punch while the juicy fresh peaches sweeten it up creating a perfect balance of flavors. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- 3 medium-large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and diced about 1/4"
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 habanero peppers, destemmed and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, could sub for lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add salt to taste. Serve fresh or refrigerate for later.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
The nutritional information provided is computer generated. It is only an estimate and intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition details may vary depending on various factors such as origin, freshness of ingredients, etc
Friday 10th of June 2022
The perfect salsa recipe for summer BBQs, cant wait to try this at the weekend; the family will love it :)
Tuesday 7th of June 2022
This sounds and looks like summer! We are going camping this weekend, and this salsa is on my list to make! Excited to give it a try!
Friday 22nd of October 2021
Anything Roma Tomatoes!