This herbaceous homemade buttermilk dill ranch is easy to prepare in just five minutes. You can serve it as a dip, as dressing for salad, and moreNaturally gluten-free and vegetarian.
Jessica Halverstadt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve totally been on a dill kick lately 🤤 . The craving is real.
Thankfully it’s in season right now.
And guess what?? The other day when I was exploring my new backyard I discovered dill growing amongst the grass. Lots and lots of dill! Soooo exciting!!!!
Dill is part of the Apiaceae celery family. Flavor-wise it has notes of anise and is reminiscent of grass. Yes, grass. Don’t let that scare you! I promise you it’s not a bad thing.
This ranch dip is super duper simple to prepare. I mean it couldn’t get any easier. Not only that, but it takes no more than five minutes to prepare.
If that sounds good, just wait until you taste it. The use of fresh herbs, in particular the fresh dill, makes this ranch irresistibly refreshing and flavorful. Unlike the garlic ranch, this dill ranch is not spicy at all, but rather cool.
It is, however, just as creamy making it ideal for dipping or for dressing a salad. The freshness of this ranch pairs wonderfully with rich foods like fried chicken or french fries as it provides balance. It also enhances light, fresh ingredients like raw veggies. It’s so versatile. You honestly can’t go wrong with it.
- Buttermilk: For tang and do thin out the dressing.
- Mayonnaise: Full fat recommended.
- Sour cream: Full fat recommended.
- Fresh dill: You can typically find fresh dill at the grocery store year-round in the refrigerated portion of the produce section. Feel free to add as much dill as you like.
- Fresh chives: Look for fresh chives in the same place as fresh dill.
- Fresh parsley: Parsley can typically be purchased in bunches from the grocery store and can be found in the produce area.
- Garlic: Be mindful that raw garlic can be a bit overpowering when choosing a garlic clove. A little bit goes a long way.
- Lemon juice: Fresh or bottled.
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
How do you make this dill ranch dressing ?
Whisk together all the ingredients in a jar or bowl. Yep that’s it!!
How to store
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.
More ranch dressing recipes:
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Ranch: Smoky, zesty, and fresh; this quick and easy chipotle cilantro lime ranch packs a punch. It’s great on Mexican-style salads, for dipping veggies, or even on a burger or sandwich. Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian.
- Buffalo Ranch: Get your buffalo sauce and ranch dressing fix all in one with this simple, five-minute buffalo ranch. It’s great on salads, chicken, or as a dip for fries, pizza, and more. Naturally vegetarian and gluten-free.
- Garlic Ranch: Serve it as a dressing or a dip, this made from scratch garlic ranch with fresh herbs is super simple to prepare in just five minutes and tastes good on EVERYTHING! Naturally vegetarian and gluten-free.
If you make this dill ranch dip I’d love your feedback. Please leave a comment and/or a rating below as I greatly value your opinion. Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @taoofspiceblog. Love, light, and happy cooking ya’ll ♥
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk together all the ingredients.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided is computer generated. It is only an estimate and intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition details may vary depending on various factors such as origin, freshness of ingredients, etc