These decadent churro waffles aren’t your average waffles. They start with a basic waffle that is deep-fried, then dusted in cinnamon sugar, and generously topped with fresh peaches & cream.
Jessica Halverstadt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who likes churros? What about peaches and cream? The two of them together….what say you??
Well, here’s what I have to say.
THEY ARE DOWNRIGHT HEAVENLY 😍
Ok, not really.
For real though, these waffles with peaches and cream are so freaking good!!! A perfect pairing indeed.
The waffle batter itself is really standard, simple, and made with pantry staples. BUT don’t let that fool you into thinking these babies are plain.
Cause they ain’t. They are far from it in fact.
So what makes these waffles so amazing???
Let’s start with the fact they are deep-fried. Yes, deep-fried waffles. Because why not? And because deep-frying them produces a perfectly crispy exterior while maintaining an incredibly soft interior 🤤 Think funnel cake.
Next comes the cinnamon and sugar. Starting to sound like a churro yet? After being dusted in this irresistible combo, it sure tastes like one.
But that’s not all! Because in my opinion, waffles feel a little naked without a sauce or topping of some sort. In come the peaches and cream. I just had to get some more peaches in as peach season is winding down for the year😔. Sad, but true. Peaches are in season from May through September in case you were wondering.
If you’re like me and have heard of peaches and cream so many times, but never actually had them, you’ll be delighted to know that they are extremely easy to make. You just whip up a simple syrup, cook up the peaches in it, and stir in some heavy whipping cream.
Incredibly simple and exceptionally tasty. The slight sweetness of the peaches is amplified by the simple syrup. Not overwhelmingly sweet, but rather complementary to the slight acidity provided by the peaches. The introduction of cream creates the most pleasant of textures that pairs beautifully with the crisp cinnamon sugar-dusted waffles.
Whether served as a dessert or on a special occasion for breakfast/brunch, these unique waffles will not let you down. Pinky swear.
Ingredients (+ notes & substitutions)
- White sugar: For the simple syrup the peaches cook in and to coat the churro waffles.
- Fresh peaches: If you have access to them, I recommend Colorado peaches. They are simply the best! They will need to be pitted and either sliced or cubed.
- Heavy whipping cream
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter: Could substitute for a neutral oil like vegetable oil.
- Large eggs
- Neutral oil: For deep frying the waffles. Vegetable or canola work well.
- Ground cinnamon
How to make churro waffles with peaches & cream ( + tips)
Begin by heating the oil in a deep fat fryer or a cast-iron skillet with at least 2-inches deep oil and preheat your waffle iron.
Next prepare the peaches and cream. Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the peaches, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for five minutes. Transfer the peaches to a medium bowl using a slotted spoon and stir in heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
On a large plate or shallow bowl/dish mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk, butter, and eggs and stir until just combined. There should still be some small lumps.
Grease your waffle iron if needed, ladle in the batter, and cook for one minute. The waffles should be cooked just enough that they do not fall apart when you remove them from the waffle maker. Don’t worry that they are soft. They will crisp up when they are fried. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
In batches, deep-fry the waffles for approximately one minute until golden brown and crispy. Using tongs transfer the waffles, shaking off any excess oil, to a paper towel-lined surface for at least one minute to absorb the excess grease.
Coat both sides of the waffles with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Top waffles with peaches and cream, sprinkle with cinnamon if desired, and serve warm.
Refrigerate churro waffles and peaches and cream in separate airtight containers for up to three days.
If you make these churro waffles with peaches & cream I’d love your feedback. Please leave a comment and/or a rating below as I greatly value your opinion. Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @taoofspiceblog. Love, light, and happy cooking ya’ll ♥
Peaches & Cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 large peaches, pitted and sliced or diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Neutral oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oil in a deep fat fryer or a cast-iron skillet with oil at least 2-inches deep.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- For the peaches and cream: Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the peaches, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for five minutes. Transfer the peaches to a medium bowl using a slotted spoon and stir in heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
- On a large plate mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk, butter, and eggs and stir until just combined. There should still be some small lumps.
- Grease you waffle iron, ladle batter, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until it's just cooked enough to remove it from the waffle iron without if falling apart. It should still be soft. Transfer from waffle iron to a plate or tray and repeat until all the batter is gone.
- In batches, deep-fry waffles for approximately one minute until golden brown and crispy. Using tongs transfer the waffles, shaking off any excess oil, to a paper towel-lined surface for at least one minute to absorb excess grease.
- Coat both sides of the waffles in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- To serve: Top waffles with peaches and cream, sprinkle with cinnamon if desired, and serve warm.
Storage: Refrigerate churro waffles and peaches and cream in separate airtight containers for up to three days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6-8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 686Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 677mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 12g
The nutritional information provided is computer generated. It is only an estimate and intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition details may vary depending on various factors such as origin, freshness of ingredients, etc