Perfect Valentine’s day treat to split with your love ♥️ Skillet blondie with white chocolate chips and M&M’s cooked to perfection in a cast-iron skillet and topped with ice cream and crushed M&M’s.
Alright guys I admit it, I don’t really do Valentine’s day. I won’t bore you with the reasons why, but I thought I should let you know. That being said I rarely pass up the opportunity to celebrate with food.
Last year I made a fruit pizza which was delish, but this year I wanted to try something new. I was going to share a recipe for mini no-bake cheesecakes in wonton cups, but then while I was waiting in line at the grocery store I saw a picture of loaded skillet brownies on the cover of a magazine. I knew right then that I wanted to do something along those lines instead.
So brownies, like these fudgy double chocolate brownies, are of course AMAZING, but I’m more of a white chocolate kinda girl. Thus I decided to go the blondie route. I added some white chocolate chips and some Cupid’s mix M&M’s to give them some V-day flare.
These skillet blondies turned out just as I had hoped. They are crispy and chewy along the edges and soft and gooey in the center. If you want to, top it off with some ice cream and additional M&M’s. There you have it! Skillet blondies for two (Or one! Don’t want to exclude those of you who are ridin’ solo. Ain’t nothing wrong with that!).
So what do you need to make these blondies?
- Butter: Make sure it’s melted.
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Egg: Bring it to room temp first. Either set it out at least 30 minutes prior to use or submerge it in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White chocolate chips
- Cupid’s Mix M&M’s: For the batter and to sprinkle atop the ice cream if desired.
- Ice Cream: Optional, but I highly recommend topping it off with some ice cream.
How do you make Valentine’s skillet blondie? (+ tips)
This recipe is so easy and takes just five minutes to prep. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Beat in the egg, making sure it is well combined.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour the mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips and Cupids Mix M&M’s.
Transfer the batter to a greased 6″ cast-iron skillet. Top with remaining tablespoon of M&M’s and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. To ensure it is thoroughly cooked you can try the toothpick trick. Simply stick a toothpick in the center and quickly remove it. Assuming that it comes out clean, the blondies are good to go; if not stick them back in the oven for a few more minutes.
How to store
Cover tightly or store in an airtight container for up to four days.
If you make this Valentine’s skillet blondie (for two) I’d love your feedback. Please leave a comment and/or a rating below as I greatly value your opinion. Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @taoofspiceblog. Love, light and happy cooking ya’ll ♥
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Cupids Mix M&M's, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, white, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add egg and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and two tablespoons M&M's.
- Pour mixture into greased 6" cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle remaining one tablespoon M&M's on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is slightly browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 1gSugar: 69gProtein: 8g
The nutritional information provided is computer generated. It is only an estimate and intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition details may vary depending various factors such as origin, freshness of ingredients, etc.