Eggnog with Baileys Irish Cream is the perfect festive cocktail to enjoy this holiday season. It comes together in less than five minutes with just a handful of ingredients and is oh so comforting.
Jessica Halverstadt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What you’ll love about this recipe
- It’s so simple! This cocktail is so simple to prepare that I’m embarrassed to even be writing this post or calling it a recipe. It requires just four ingredients and only a few minutes of your time. Since it will keep for up to seven days, you can even prepare it in advance!!
- It blends beautifully! If you’re one of those people who doesn’t enjoy the taste of alcohol but likes to indulge in alcoholic beverages, this Baileys and eggnog is for you. The sweet, creamy beverages combine seamlessly.
- It’s perfect for the winter holidays! In my opinion, winter holiday celebrations are just not complete without at least one cup of eggnog. Honestly, I look forward to it all year long. When I became an adult, I began spiking mine with Amaretto but to be truthful I’ve grown a bit tired of the combination. And that is why this year I decided to mix it up a bit by switching out the Amaretto for Baileys Irish Cream. It’s just as delicious, comforting, and still perfectly suitable for the holidays.
Ingredients (+ notes & substitutions)
- Eggnog: While I certainly should, I do not prepare this beverage with homemade eggnog. But that doesn’t mean you can’t. There are many recipes out there to choose from including this one from Tastes Better From Scratch. If you’re counting calories, you are more than welcome to use low-fat or even almond milk eggnog. It is best served cold so I recommend that you do not pull it out of the fridge until you’re ready to mix up this cocktail.
- Baileys Irish Cream: Made up of cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey, the alcohol content of this Irish cream liqueur is 17%.
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg: I love to finish this cocktail off with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. Additionally or instead, you could garnish it with a cinnamon stick or whatever else you desire. I found the cutest little gingerbread men and gingerbread candy canes to garnish mine with (see photos).
How to make Baileys Irish Cream eggnog (+tips)
1. Pour the eggnog and Baileys in a large jar or small pitcher and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To serve: Pour into a glass, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and nutmeg, and if desired, garnish with a cinnamon stick or your choice of other festive garnishments. Each serving will be about 1 1/8 cups. **If you prepared it in advance, make sure to whisk it again just prior to serving.
If refrigerated, it will keep for up to seven days.
More winter holiday cocktails you may enjoy:
- Homemade Hot Chocolate with Amaretto: Hot chocolate with Amaretto comes together in less than 15-minutes with just five ingredients. Top it off with whipped cream and warm up with this decadent winter cocktail made from scratch.
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa with Rosemary: Sweet and tart, this cranberry orange mimosa made with homemade cranberry rosemary simple syrup is the perfect libation to celebrate the holiday season in fashion.
More holiday recipes featuring eggnog:
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles: Take your holiday cookies to the next level with these eggnog snickerdoodles. They are soft and chewy, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, and topped with eggnog frosting.
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls: Although they may look ordinary, these homemade eggnog cinnamon rolls are anything but. Soft, moist, and loaded with the warm and inviting flavor of eggnog they are perfect for your holiday breakfast or brunch needs.
- Eggnog White Chocolate Covered Pretzels: Add these eggnog white chocolate-covered pretzels to your holiday treat platter!!! They are simple to prepare with just three ingredients in 30-minutes.
If you make this eggnog with Baileys I’d love your feedback. Please leave a comment and/or a rating below as I greatly value your opinion. Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @taoofspiceblog. Love, light, and happy cooking ya’ll ♥
- 4 cups eggnog, cold
- 4 ounces Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon stick for garnishing (optional)
- Pour the eggnog and Baileys in a large jar or small pitcher and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: Pour into a glass, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and nutmeg, and if desired, garnish with a cinnamon stick or your choice of other festive garnishments. Each serving will be about 1 1/8 cups.
Storage: If refrigerated, it will keep for up to seven days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 12g
The nutritional information provided is computer generated. It is only an estimate and intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition details may vary depending on various factors such as origin, freshness of ingredients, etc