Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside. 2. To make the streusel, combine brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove in a medium bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbles/clumps form. Place bowl in the freezer until ready for use.
3. To make the cream cheese filling: In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or with a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Cream at medium speed for one minute, then add the pumpkin puree and cream another 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. 6. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
7. Continue mixing; add half of the dry ingredients, followed by the sour cream, then the remaining dry ingredients, and finally the milk. Mix until just combined.
8. Pour half of the batter into your baking dish, layer with the cream cheese filling, then the remaining batter, and top with the streusel. 9. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out without any raw batter. Allow to cool for at least five minutes prior to serving. Serve warm or cold.
"This quickly became my fall go-to coffee cake. The cream cheese makes it so unique and delicious."