Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Heavy whipping cream - Pure maple syrup - Large eggs - Whole milk - Brown sugar - Ground cinnamon - Vanilla extract - Ground nutmeg - Ginger powder - Ground clove - Brioche or Challah bread
1. Use a hand mixer or stand-up mixer fit with a whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream in a medium bowl for 3 minutes until soft to medium peaks form.
Add the maple syrup and whip until stiff peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
2. In a shallow dish or even a sheet pan, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, ginger, and clove.
3. Soak the bread slices in the mixture for at least 15 minutes. If you wish, you can soak it overnight. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your dish. If the bread is not submerged, carefully flip it halfway through.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Coat with butter and in batches cook the bread for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. To serve: Top with maple whipped cream and your choice of toppings.
"Amazing, all the spices take the French toast to a whole new level. Perfect for the holidays!"