Apple Cider Brined Pork Loin
1. Add the apple cider, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, shallot, garlic, bay leaves, and rosemary sprigs to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for two minutes then transfer the contents to a large bowl. 2. Add the ice cubes and once they have melted, add the pork loin making sure it is submerged. Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
3. Remove the pork loin from the brine and pat dry. Rub the entire roast with olive oil then sprinkle with the black pepper. 4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Heat a skillet (preferably cast-iron) to medium-high heat and sear each side of the roast for 3-5 minutes.
6. Transfer the pork loin to a baking sheet, surround it with veggies if desired, and bake for 50-minutes to one hour or until the internal temperature registers 140 degrees.
7. Remove from oven, loosely cover with tin foil, and rest for ten minutes. Slice, drizzle with the cooking juices, and serve warm.
"It has been a long time since I’ve cooked a pork loin. I just couldn’t seem to get it right until I followed your brine recipe. Oh, man it was good!"