1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" baking dish and set it aside. 2. Add the olive oil to a medium skillet or saucepan over mid-high heat Once hot, add the onions and sauté for three minutes until slightly translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute.
3. Add the cream cheese and stir constantly until melted. Next, add 1/2 cup of the hatch chile enchilada sauce, the sour cream, lime juice, cumin, salt, and ground black pepper and stir until combined.
Stir in the shredded chicken, remove from heat, and set aside.
4. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable or canola oil over medium heat. Once hot, fry the tortillas one at a time for 15-20 seconds on each side, adding more oil as needed.
5. To assemble: scoop and spread the chicken filling in a line along the center of each tortilla, then roll and place in a single layer down the center of the baking dish. Top with remaining hatch chile sauce and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and begins to bubble up.
6. Serve warm with your choice of toppings. Suggestions include: cilantro, green onions, sour cream, salsa/hot sauce, and sliced avocado or guacamole.